The Tennessee Society of Addiction Medicine represents a small but dedicated group of physicians, who seek to improve the health and well-being of those who suffer from the disease of addiction. The mission of the Tennessee Society of Addiction Medicine, a state chapter of the American Society of Addiction Medicine, is to improve the care and treatment of people with the disease of addiction and advance the practice of Addiction Medicine.
Our goals include:
- Increasing access to and improving the quality of addiction treatment;
- Educating physicians (including students, primary care, addiction specialists and other specialists), other health care providers, legislators and the public;
- Supporting research and prevention;
- Promoting the appropriate role of the physician in the care of patients with addiction;
- Establishing addiction medicine as a specialty recognized by professional organizations, governments, physicians, purchasers and consumers of health care services, and the general public